To facilitate the process of applying for a B-2 visitor visa, you can request a letter of invitation from ISS.
To request an invitation letter, log in to the International Portal , go to #3 “Request Center,” and click the request called “Inviting Family to Visit the U.S.” Complete the online form and click submit once you are done. After we receive the submission, we will prepare the letter and notify you once it is ready.
The letter should include:
- the name of the person applying for the visa (should match passport) and relationship to you
- the purpose of the visit, e.g., to attend graduation
- who will provide financial support for the visit
- the arrival & departure date
- If you will support the person’s visit financially, you should provide evidence of financial support (a bank statement, your financial award letter, your sponsor’s letter, etc…)
Proof of Ties to Home Country
Your family members or friends should also bring “proof of ties” to home country with them when they apply for the visa stamp at the U.S. embassy/consulate, such as:
- copies of deeds to any property (land, house, apartment) they own at home
- bank statements of any accounts they maintain at home
- if they are employed, they could bring a letter of employment